Freelance Camp Agenda
9:00 – 9:15
9:15 – 9:55
|Pitch Your Topic|
|Sessions – Block A|
|Sessions – Block B|
12:00 – 1:00
|Sessions – Bock C|
|Sessions – Block D|
|Sessions – Block E|
4:30 – 5
|Wrap up/Door Prizes|
6:00 – Monday
|After Party – TBD|
We are conducting #YYJFree as an unconference, and one of the main (and only) rules of an unconference is:
If you aren’t finding value in a session, or cannot provide value, please feel free to move to another session.
An unconference is a participant driven format – and since we have such a diverse and knowledgeable selection of local freelancers attending, we’re expecting that many conversations will be occurring. Go find other freelancers to chat with – share your knowledge or borrow their solutions.
If you have a topic that you’d like to lead a presentation on, please be ready at 9:15 to pitch your topic to the audience. Pitch about any topic that you can lead a discussion on, but remember that only the topics that resonate with the audience will be selected. Topics that cross genres and are applicable to freelancers in general are likely to be well received, whereas topics that are thinly disguised pitches to use your business are unlikely to be selected. If you establish yourself as the expert, you’re more than likely going to see more business as a result.
Some topics that have been suggested or requested
- Technology and the Freelancer – the tools you need to do business
- Prospecting 101 – where do you find new business?
- IP/Copyrights – what do you need to know to protect yourself
- The financial side to Self-employment – what do you need to know?
- Doctors vs. Ambulance Chasers – are you specializing or doing it all?
- The Part-Time Freelancer – when you’re not quite ready to give up the day job
- Using the Law of Attraction to get more business
- Social Networking – are you spending the time online in the right medium?
- Productivity – are you wasting your time, or investing it?
- How to Respond to Government RFPs
- Managing Business Expenses
- How to become a freelancer
- How to maximize your profits
- How to Outsource
- How to set your rates
- Freelance Forever, or life after Freelancing
- Affiliate Marketing Info
What are you thinking about pitching? Can’t wait to hear it
Discussions are just discussions – there will be a whiteboard available for anyone to use – please let me know if you need any training on it J
We’ll see you on Saturday at 9am!
833 Fisgard St
Please Help us Thank Our Fantastic Sponsors